Friday, September 14, 2007

KLPAC - 14-09-07



Yo... The part which I enjoy most for my course is that I get to go visit places I never thought I will go in my life. And we all call these trips "SITE VISITS". And today for Interior Behavioral Studies, we visited KLPAC which stand for Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center... Wonderful place to go to. And to find out that it was a train warehouse before the Japanese invasion in Malaysia. Then only a few still stands today because it got bombed by the Japs. Soon after Independence, it was turned into a golf course until it was bought over by a tycoon and with the sponsorship of one of the biggest development firms in Malaysia and some NGOs, the KLPAC was moved there.. Keeping the old brickworks and restoring the warehouse created a nostalgic and an interesting place to be for a theater. Because of the lack of funds, the center was still looking great however with a few problems which can be resolved easily..



However, I personally must say that they did a terrific job. *CLAP CLAP CLAP* The facade, or also known as the exterior landscaping is my favorite place of the whole site. They made it so romantic in a way that it has catered to several weddings before. They had to Stop wedding planners from using the place because it just disrupts the purpose of the place.. *wowwww* However Miss Shereen has requested that our graduation parties to be held there. *EYES WIDE* It will be an ideal place indeed. In the middle of the garden is metal framed furnitures where people can sit and enjoy the beauty of it.



Miss Shereen were the ones enjoying the chairs...



Doesn't look comfortable though....


But its still unique in a way........

And they also have a beautiful park.. Reminds me of the old pictures I saw before.. Nostalgic feeling.... And the girls were not Guy magnets when they were there, But DUCK... YES... DUCKS.. Magnet.... They kept following the gals...


DUCKIESSS... Imagine how many juicy Pecking ducks that can be cooked... MMMMmmm~~




See what I mean.... Nostalgic huh?

But the most important thing of the visit is not the exterior but the interior of the center... We were given a tour by one of the interior designers of the place.. And he was a nice guy. Too bad I can't remember his name. *KONBANASAI* From the lobby to the theaters to the dressing rooms to the backstage then the lights and props control center (where they believe got a phantom) then to the dancing rooms... We learned why certain designs were used and applied for acoustics and for the aesthetics of the place. We learn about how to use spaces too. COol huh?


Workshop where props are made


Theater 1 (Pentas 1)


Theater 2 (Pentas 2) Love the chairs..


Dressing room


The backstage...


Where the phantom appears.. QUOTE FROM THE GUY:"We always do head counts. We usually have only 4 people up here during productions but if you count 5 then you know he is here." - scary huh? and he says its a personal experience...


Practice room.


Balcony for the smoking performers.

Well, that was a good experience for me.. Wanna that God for blessing me... He even gave me a sign He was with me... And I got a picture for it.. Serious.....


See... Isn't He great... I feel so blessed by Him these few days.. been giving me strength for everything....

To end... I am gonna put some random pictures for YOU, my friends (even if you are my reader, you are my friends). So enjoyyy!!!



I love these picturessss...


Japanese Restaurant By the lake....

Never thought can see sooo interesting stuff....


How I love old buildings... This is one of the warehouses... However, not restored. But nice huh?



Mmmmm... the sense of ancient buildings......

ENNNJOOOOOYYYYY!!!!!!!

No comments: