Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Peaceful...


Dedicated to my family...

I feel kinda peaceful today... Except for the fact I am still coughing like I smoke or something.. Hate the fact that my asthma is still bothering me at this age....

The moon is so nice today... Just wished I was back with my family to celebrate it.. I remember the time when I was young and my cousins and I will be playing with lanterns after the family dinner at our grandparents' house. Then of course there is the burning of the lanterns... HAHA... The paper ones that is... I remember that my parents, together with my Aunts will bought each of us a lantern like some 15 years ago when I was 5... Sort of like a plastic lantern that we liked... And after Moon Cake festival, the lanterns will be stored in the store till the next year.. So our parents don't need to keep buying it.. The thing is, as children, we do not want much, just the pretty lights illuminated by the candle flare penetrating through the colors of the lanterns are those which catches our eyes and attention. We had two lanterns each.. One is the plastic ones, the other just the normal 50 cents paper lanterns...


Paper lanterns....


How I wish I can be like them....

We sort of purposely burn the paper lanterns after we were done with it... and we will shout and laugh with glee.... How I miss those days... Eating moon cake with grandpa, enjoying his company.... Its been 7 years since his death and I do miss him... Looking back at these memories sure brings satisfaction.. God provided me with a wonderful family, a wonderful home.. A wonderful childhood memories... And now, He is doing more than every before...

Now, when we are older, we all gone all our own path in life... Its almost 20 years since i entered this world... I seen people come and go... Friends I made, Friends that I had lost contact with... There are somethings I did in the past that I am not proud of, but what can we do, we are just humans. All that I need to know is that I have been saved by Grace and In Faith, I live... Being far from home is not something uncommon for me anymore, it has become a desire, a longing... It gives me a reason to live, a reason to work harder... To show everyone I am capable.... Capable of knowing the true meaning of life... When I turn 40 I shall look back... And I tell you now what I will tell you then :"Boy, how I wish I can turn back time."

Aaron Chew 07'

No comments: