Monday, October 22, 2007

My two weeks of "break"...

So I am thinking that some of you out there are wondering where I hilang to for the past two weeks. Why I didn't go online? Why I didn't update my blog? Why didn't I go college? And blabla bla.... Its not because I was lazy or anything BUT because I was emitted to Sunway Medical Center for Dengue... Bad huh? Well, I am ok now.... My blood count has reached the mark of 353.. Wohoo... Lets give God a round of applause. Seriously, if you know how much it was a week ago, you will faint there and then.
Two weeks ago, I was rushing to finish my fitting room assignment.. Oh yea.. I haven't uploaded that yet.. Maybe in my next entry..

Sneak peek.... HAHA...

Okay... as I was saying... LAst two weeks I was rushing for the fitting room assignment till I didn't get any sleep. After submitting the project, I went back and took a nap.. Then The headache started and then came the fever... Oh the fever... I thought that it was just due to exhaustion that I am having a fever.. Sooooo I told myself.. Maybe I should have a break from classes tomorrow, that was when I skipped Tuesday's class. Stayed in bed whole day... But the fever by noon seems as if it went down at noon.. so called mum, told her I am getting better... Then when it reached night, Fever went up, Headache back... So I stayed home another day but decided to see the doctor too.. Doctor told me to rest and come back on Friday if my fever didn't go down... Thursday morn.. After injection from the night before, I felt great, Fever is gone, But body aches like crazy... The night I went to see the doctor, My fever was 40 degrees... So after the injection to my butt, Thursday morn, I felt great.. Then, the medicine wore off... Fever went sky-rocketing.. Decided to go Sunway medical for a check up... Doc took my blood... then asked me to wait for an hour.. Bryan and Geraldine waited with me... Then an hour later... It was 8p.m., I haven't had dinner, No appetite... Nurse called... :"Please lie down. Your blood test came back.. You got dengue." I was shocked... Took out my "insurance" card, gave it to Bryan, ask if it can be used.. Nurse:"Sorry, this card cannot be used.." I was like..But it is AIA card... I thought I will be insured at this hospital? So Bryan came back with the card. And he told me.. Why you give me your AYA (Asian Youth Ambassador) Card?

MY AYA CARD... Errrrr.. PAisehhh...

Me: Nurse, Sorry, Just now I gave you all the wrong card. This is the right one. (Showing the AIA health card). Sorry ya.
Nurse: Okay, never mind..

To another nurse... :" Hey, just now he gave wrong card.. Must be some international health card.. Cannot be used here... He got another one... AIA one."


The supposed insurance card...

I was laughing when I heard the International card.. WOWWW.... ACTS CHURCH CARD IS ACTUALLY AN INTERNATIONAL CARD!! Yay for God... HAHA...

Lying on the bed, I called mum to give her the news... She called me to relax and not to be scared... Asked me to ask the doc what is my blood count... And the bad news... It was down to 75... THat wassss loooowwwwww...... Mum told me she was coming out... She asked the doctor how bad was my case.... Wahh... He answered:"It is positive negative." In other terms, NOT BAD LA... SO SO.... I was emitted at 830 pm to Room 485-1, wearing jeans and a yellow shirt...

Me on my first day.....

Slept in the hospital for my first night... Still okay.. Was cold so asked the nurse to get me an extra blanket.. Mum arrived in the afternoon... Another blood test was given and it dropped to 31... Another doctor (Dr. Thiru), A so called dengue doctor, Because of all the dengue patients he seen came in and briefed me and my mum on dengue, telling her that another blood test will be taken in the evening and if it drops below 20, I will have to be emitted to the ICU (Intensive care Unit) to be monitored... DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM..... Evening came, another needle entered my body to suck out my blood and half an hour later, the nurse came in and asked my mum to call me to stay in bed, don't move and pack my things.. That means that I was entering the ICU.. Dad was on his way from Sibu when he heard that my blood count drop till 31 and he was worried that my mum couldn't handle the pressure.. My blood count that night was 16 and the doctor was worried that I will start bleeding because of the lack of blood platlets So I was off to the ICU.. The nurses were like asking me not to move too much and not to strain myself.. However, I felt that I was still ok... Changed into an ICU gown and was asked to give my handphone to my mum... NO HANDPHONES FOR THE PATIENT..
OH NO... NO television+strict visitation time+restriction from movement+NO hand phone=MAJOR BOREDOM... The only thing I could do was to Lie in bed and sleep.... OH yea.. And have blood transfusion..... A painful process of putting blood into my body...

Blood, me and my pin-cushion body...

Dad arrived in KL at 9 something and was allowed to visit me for 5 minutes with mum because it was not visiting time.... Asked me to rest...


Hmm.... stayed in the ICU for 4 days and 4 nights... All I longed for was the visitation time, me getting out of there and for the blood transfusion to finish.. My blood count dropped to a record low 5 and I was considered as being in a critical condition in medical terms. But I was still smiling and my appetite didn't really go anywhere.. Accept that the nurse considered my appetite bad because I didn't finish my food so it was NOrmal Diet to Soft diet... The hospital food to me was Ermmmmm... OKAY.....No oil.... No fry... All steamed or boiled... The IV in my hand was annoying... I was fed by my mum (lunch and dinner) like a little kid.. And the nurses had to help spread butter and jam on my bread for breakfast....

Getting out of ICU....


Finally I was out of ICU and into a normal ward....After 30 bags of blood... MUAHAHA... feel like Dracula.... I couldn't walk because of the lack of blood but I was smiling... It reminded me of the series called One Litter of tears when mum and dad had to help me to go to the toilet, change my clothes and to brush my teach.. They were so worried that I will faint and bleed... Can't blame them... I felt so bad.... Thank goodness my blood count was 80+ when I was in the ward.... Stayed in the ward for another 2 nights.. I was only allowed to get out if it is above 100... Head itchy, BOdy itchy.... I was praying to get out... Literally... I haven't wash my hair for 6 days and the only bath I got was the sponge bath each night.... I wanted out... SO when the blood test results came back... It was 129, Appetite ok already.... Doctor came in and announced that I was able to go back in the afternoon... I was soooo happy that I backed my bags and waited oh so patiently to go home....

1 O'clock........................ Not yet...
1.45......... Not yet.....
2 O'clock............. NOt yet.....
2.30 P.M..... Nurse came in.... Here is your Vitamins... Take it everyday... Let me take out the IV needle from your hand... And then You are ready to go...

YAY..... Walked ohhh so slowly to the car... Mum didn't allow me to carry anything.... Not even a bottle.... Said my thanks to the nurses and then entered the car... Then I was finally FREE!!!! Never Get Dengue... It sucks... Oh yea.... Went to see the Doctor today for my check up... Blood count is 353 and the doctor told my mum:" I didn't want to scare you when he was hospitalized but his blood count, 5, was the lowest I ever seen. Did he lose weight?" Me shakes head... "Dengue patients are suppose to lose lots of weight... But you are different.. You didn't bleed though it was low, and you had some of your appetite." You are lucky... Mum said:"It was God's grace... Many people prayed for him." Yep... Thanks for all the prayers... Wesley youths.... Thanks alot...... Thank God that I am ok...

Well, I now hold the lowest Blood count drop for dengue patients in Sunway medical and I am now fit (though weak) and am recovering... Now.... BAck to WORK!!!! Arghhhhhh.....

Oh yea... If you wondered how I used the toilet when I wasn't able to move... Ermmmmm... Find out for yourself... HAHA....... Just a hint... HOSPITAL URINALS!!!! EWWWWWW.....

My special thanks to the Doctor, Nurses (ICU AND WARD) and staffs of Sunway medical for my recovery..... THanks For the Care.... I really really appreciate it..... God bless....



Just for fun... Me in gown... OK OK back to work!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... praise the Lord, that's all I can say... He has really bring you through. You know, you didnt really look thinner when i met you just now...hahaha...
Another great testimony in your collection. Will be very glad to hear from you personally one day...haha...maybe in front of the Wesley Youth people...haha...
So i guess you got lots of works to catch up... good luck. If you need help do tell me ok? Ya, design theory is the tough one...
Good luck, take care and God bless!

phebe said...

hey aaron, thank God u're ok again.. cos tat day when lea told me u got dengue, i was kinda gin dio kii.. prayed for u.. glad to know tat u're okay now.. sori i didnt have time to send u any "get well soon" cards cos i wasnt sure u had computer access in the hospital.. k la, gtg do my hws..busy..haa.. God bless ya!! maybe tis unpleasant experience of dengue fever can become ur testimony too..

LeaLLY said...

this'll be an amazing testi ronny!! I mean, blood count as low as 5 and yet...you ate like a normal person! One of the few rare dengue patients who didn't haemorrhage under that condition and EATS! Congratulations, dude! And God is truly with you...

Anonymous said...

Hello Aaron, whoa didnt know you were this sick. Blood count 5, lower than stan last time for sure right? Sunway's lowest record man. What a testimony, God is a God who answers prayers. Plus i see you've got enough confidence there, no fear, no lossing appetite, Praise Lorddd! (I was bit recalling last time how you envied Stan to have skipped MUFY Final and lost 7/8 kg due to dengue. lol =E) Btw this means even in Palm View you guys have to beware of mosquitoes, not only bloody lagoon perdana has aedes.lol. Gotta buy some Ridsects things, electronic ones. Did u drink that yummy papaya leaves juice ? didn catch up with ya guys quite a time, kinda miss Sunway -_______- PYRAMID PHASE TWO =.=