Saturday, September 22, 2007

Today....

Aiks... sick and still got something important to do... Went to the national museum again... Just to do some visit that I missed.. Went with Benny.. Hmmmm... thinking bout it, its not bad. I mean the design of the place...

I really don't like full body pics... HAHA...

However, my project was not to be there to have fun, just to see the timber joints used to hold the wood house behind me. Well, got the pictures so we decided to see the newly cleaned mural we were not able to see during our last visit...



Whoever designed must be a genius... Dunno why, but I likey....
The mural shows the history of Malaysia...

Saw tourists today... I think they are from the Arabic states... And he thought me and Benny were foreigners.. He asked where was the burbark... Burbark??? What in the world is that? I gave the dumb look and the guy asked:"Do you speak english?" I was like what the???? I replied:"I do." Then he asked again:"Where is the burbark?" I gave Benny the questioning look.. He also didn't know.. It was soooo funny...
We both asked What??? Then we finally understood what he said... With the hand signal "bird", I understood he meant Bird Park.... Cis la..... So I shook my head and said no... After that he asked us bout the museum... His family was with him... After all that, we quickly got away and laughed bout it... My gosh.... And the guy asked us whether we spoke english.. We were the ones who are supposed to ask him that. HAHA... Well, it was a fun day at the museum... A place I would have never gone to if it wasn't for this course... So Malaysians, Or foreigners... you should visit the national Museum in Malaysia at least once ok? Visit Malaysia 2007... Wohoo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mural to the east side of the building faces Jalan Travers. It chronogically documents the significant events of Malay history, including the eminent Malacca Malay Sultanate, colonization and the independence of Malaysia in the year 1957.

The mural seen on the west side of the building illustrates the economic activities, traditional ceremonies and customs inherited by the Malaysian society.

Now u know

Din say who designed it though.

citation: http://www.museum.gov.my/english/building.htm

Wai Sie