Monday, December 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Food... Oh glorious food... Yes, being back in Sibu always means I will be surrounded with food. Been back for 5 days and I already had my deeply missed food like Kampua, Laksa, Bian Pian Ngu (if that is the right spelling) and went to a party at Kent's place, near the new Sibu bus terminal. And the party was to celebrate one of my parents' close friend, Talison's birthday. The restaurant has a very nice ambiance. With simple potrait paintings and the usage of wood and natural materials, it gives out a very warm and homey feel.





The buffet dinner was not bad. Enjoyed it very much. From the bake prawns with cheese, to lamb curry, to the lovely potato salad and yummy friend rice and noodles, I just love being home. With all the food queing up for me, I fear putting on weight again. Aiks...

Bake prawns with cheese... Smell it! Yummy yummy yummy....


Sweet and sour fish...


Salads.... and more...


The birthday cake.. Yummy oreo cheese cake.


Happy Birthday to you....


Everyone digging in...


Group picture.

I didn't take alot of pictures because I was using my compact camera and I was busy eating. Poor me, my Consumer camera a.k.a Big Ass camera is in the hospital (servicing) so I am stuck with the small one for the mean time. Not bad. Can't look down on my compact. It has served me well. Well, besides eating, I promised myself that I will follow my parents and exercise for this holiday. Need to be healthy after such an unhealthy semester in college. So, I decided to bring my compact for a walk as well. So while the evening walks, I took some nice shots of the jogging route I use each there. Yes, the air is clean enough to go jog in Sibu. My ideal place is either the forestry park or my neighbourhood which is connected to a small kampung. With all the greeneries.. Its sooooo enjoyable to breathe in the fresh air while exercising.


Lily grew in drains, the white and pink are so pretty under the sunset sky.


Old kampung houses are just so mesmerizing and nostalgic... Feel like going back to the past.


Some of the houses were demolished and the people were moved. Yes, developement is the culprit but no developement anytime soon. This land was used to pay off the construction company who built the bridge which links Sibu to Sarikei which is also the road to Kuching. (correct me if I am wrong ya?)


But its so beautiful. I love sunsets. Wish they didn't have to demolish all these Kampung Houses.


The demolishing just saddens me. Why? Because this is the history of our town. Why not preserve these kampungs? Sad to see people taking down the old to build the new. (The Sanyan Building located at the back contrast the old kampung houses.)


With coconut trees swaying with the wind,


and exercising with my parents,


Under the beautiful sunset skies...........

I am just happy I am home...

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

Whoever is back in Sibu, come come! YUMCHA AND GATHERING!!!!

No comments: