Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009..

The whole family celebrated Chinese New Year in Kuala Lumpur. I heard that we made the right choice because Sibu is flooding badly due to the none stop rain. What a bad time to have Chinese New Year, during the rainy seasons. Well, for me, I thought I can escape from munching on the snacks of Chinese New Year so I won't gain anymore weight but I guess I am dead wrong.

On Chinese New Year Eve, we had a wonderful and delicious steamboat dinner prepared by dad. We had fish and prawns flown in from Sibu and it was super fresh. The rest of the stuff we put in was from the SS15 market (first time I been there) and also from Jusco. Since it is the year of the ox/cow, we decided to get some beef for the reunion dinner as well.

The Reunion Dinner spread a.k.a. Tuan Yuan Fan


Lovely fresh beef slices


Fishballs, fish cakes and crab cakes....


Fish from Sibu. Oh ya.. This fish known in Foo Chow as Bak Chiong is a "sea" fish and a fish this size can usually only be found in restaurant (because its more profittable to sell it to the restaurants than to the consumers). Well, Foo Chow people prefer sea fish because it is does not smell as fishy as the Pond reared fish... Maybe some of the more pro people from Sibu can explain (refering to Philip or Victor).
Having this with the steamboat was heaven. It was so fresh.. But not so fresh that you can eat it raw. HAHA.


Big prawns... Delicious I tell you...


Throwing it all into the pot. We were so hungry that we decided not to follow the Japanese Style which we normally do (one type of food item at a time), which was taught by my dad's Japanese Clients in the past but instead we did it CHINESE STYLE! Where we dump everything. HAHA. But it is still as nice..

Dinner ended with us eating Mandarin oranges and waiting for the fireworks at 12 to usher in the New Year..

And boy was it dissapointing when it was soooo Quiet in Sunway... Because we didn't even see any.. *SIGHS* I MISS SIBU CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!

But but but.....


News was... Sibu was raining heavily that night so not many decided to play fireworks (since no one can see a thing).

So it would have been dissapointing to be back there also...

Instead of the normal, going out visiting relatives and friends. This year, I went down to the Petronas Twin Towers with my family to walk around. Guess What!!! It took me only 15 minutes to get to the place. Which normally would have taken me what, 30 minutes to reach? First time ever (for me la), NO JAM IN KL CITY!!! I know, I so jakun.. But yea.. It was interesting to see that the City was so Quiet...

That night, we went to Ole ole Bali to have dinner with dad's friend, the one who invited us to delicious. No, I can't reveal his name... because I don't have his consent to do so. HAHA. Well, no pictures taken that night. I guess you would have been bored seeing the same pictures of the same food from the many occations I gone there for dinner.

Second day, we had Dim Sum with Jacinta's family. Her dad was my dad's ex-colleague and very good friend. And Jacinta is an old schoolmate of mine. It was nice to see them again since we haven't met since they moved to KL since what 5-6 years ago? Don't have pictures here either because I forgotten to bring my camera out... Me and me forgetfulness!

That night, we went for Japanese Buffet at Jagoya (See what I mean by I am dead wrong?) But we had fun. I so need to thank dad for his connections. Jagoya was great. The sashimi was soooo Fresh. I dug into 3 or 4 plates of sashimi, had 2 Huge oysters (raw), had 6 Thai Coconuts.. An array of food stuffs from grilled to fried to steamed. I avoided the soup and the steamboat. 7 scoops of Hagen Daz (or maybe more than that), 2 waffles (Yummy with the Hagen Daz Ice Cream, some other deserts and I even went and eat a "sauna" egg. Hmmm... Did I miss anything? Oh yes.. I ate Yee Shan without the Mixing. HAHA... Didn't know mahhh... In Sibu, we do not have the tradition to do Yee San during Chinese New Year. For those who don't know what is Yee Shan, I suggest you ask your Canton friends or those from West Malaysia. They will tell you.


FRESH FRESH FRESH!!!



Thai fragrant Coconuts.. YUMMY!!!


And me enjoying the coconut.



The deserts...


Mum and Sean(fooling around as usual)


Mum with Bryan (left) and Ian (right)


Ian, mum and me.


Dad and his friend, Paul.

We went home when our stomach could not take anymore. We were sooooo Bloated. But it was nice. Thanks for the dinner. We really did enjoy ourselves. I guess he was shocked by how much we ate. HAHA.... Boys will be boys. When you have 4 boys in the family, you will understand that we can eat alot... I know, my hugeness shows it. But do not let the other 3 fool you. They can easily beat me when it comes to eating.
NO FAIR!!!! Why are you so unfair to me GENES!


RAWR!!!!!!!!

Nothing much more to write. Family went back already and I really need to start doing my assignments..

SO

HAPPY CHiNESE NEW YEAR TO ALL WHO IS READING!!

Remember:
Eat full full so your Year full full.

OR...

NEVERMIND!!!

2 comments:

Louis said...

hey wei li! prefer to call your chinese name still..haha..well..happy new year to u too. didn't go back for cny and surprisingly, i was at the same area as you on cny eve..would've been nice to meet u..nice pics also! you're using canon 400d? okay that's all..see u around man.

Aaron C. said...

HAHA.... No. I am using a compact camera. Fujifilm finepix. Not bad. Yea, it would be nice to meet u too. Canon 400d? No money la dude. So expensive. Cant afford.