Monday, July 6, 2009

DATUM 2009 (b)...

So, lets go to another few architects whom I learned so much from during DATUM. The next one I learned so much from for their innovation and dedication to Architecture is the couple Meejin Yoon and Eric Howeler of Howeler + Yoon Architecture. Yap, this amazing duo came up with some amazing Art Pieces and also architecture using basic electronics and also the amazing teamwork to meet the needs of their clients.



They talked more about tech stuff which got to do with basics intelligence. First off, the Mobius dress. What is Mobius? *click* to find out. The power of science...

Speaking of dresses....

The Defensible Dress is interesting. Girls, you want your private space? Get one of these. Keep the guys away.. What am I saying? I am a GUY!


Or a unique design by them called Entasis?



An art installation for the Athens Olympics a few years ago... I think it was 4 years ago.


From Entasis, they used the new found material to make furniture, then slowly...


A proposal for a courtyard called the "Loop."


To Floatscape, an architecture proposal to attract people back to the lake.

Environmental?

Parti Wall - Hanging Green

Urban home....

Davol Loft....


Another Art installation called the Hover....


And of course LoRezHiFi...

I won't be going into the details because, it is all mentioned in their website. So if you are interested in knowing about their works in detail, just *click* and find out.

The point is that, by the looks of their project, (okay,this might sound very vague) you can see that even the basic technologies can create something creative and wonderful. Most of their designs required them to make the components themselves. SO yea, go back to basic technologies....

Roman Delugan was one of my favourites, however, not going to say much because Miss Wai Sie Hates him... Okay la, I understand why. Quoting Roman Delugan "Architecture is not Art." Yes, to some extent, it is true but I don't know. Sometimes it is all about art. Its a very subjective manner and I won't comment on it. *click* to see his firm's website.






Well, not going into it... Just go to his website... All the explanations are there..


One of the reasons I like Delugan's work is because it somehow is the style and form I am into. Sleek, practical and dynamic architecture.

Okay, final one for today.

Marina Tabassum from Bangladesh.. This lady was the only solo female architect to present during DATUM. And guess what, she only used on of her works to sum up the theme for DATUM. And this building is the Liberation War Museum.


She plays with alot of natural lighting and experiencial architecture.







This design, to me, is just great. Simple and yet straight to the point.



Here are some of her plans and ideas for the museum.


For more of her works and explanation, you can *click* to her website and do enjoy reading.

Well, sorry about the long post and not many of my comments. I just want to remember some of the things I learned from this DATUM, so this is just a vague, simple diary of mine. But if you are interested, just click into their websites.

Happy reading....

No comments: