Friday, November 2, 2007

SOLID SOLID CONSTRUCTIONS- ANOTHER PROUD MOMENT FOR ME......

After the first assignment, my first proud moment... Go check back my blog... HAHA... Well, the last time was Skeletal Constructions where its like bones... And we had to support a 50kg person on top of it... But this time, there is no standing on our model... We just have lots and lots of wooden blocks and also a lot a lot of blue tags.. Target:-Build a "brick"(wooden blocks) structure with an arch to commemorate our victory over the success of our lives and that this model is able to stand. The limitations is that the model should be built within an A2 MDF board and should not exceed 60cm tall... Think it is easy? ......MY GOSH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
But it was fun... Left my old group to venture into a land of no returns (return next year).... HAHA.... Join a 4 girls group.. SO it means I am the only guy... The reason is that I wanted to experience being in a different group and also experience working with other people... I understand that architects do not work with the same team all the time... So people management is important. The problem with working with an all gals group means I have to do all the "HARD" work... Hard as in sawing and carrying... OK OK... Before I continue on... And believe me... Its hard to saw this small blocks..... I am going to show you the small wooden blocks we worked with for the past 5 weeks... or so...

Disgustingly small wooden blocks... Putting it together or sawing it hurts!!!!

See how small those blocks are? Imagine using 3500 of them.... Having to stick blue tags on every single one of them and then sticking 2 blocks together... 5 of us did it till our fingers hurt and mine actually swelled up... Goshhh.... Out of the 5 weeks, we were only able to only start in the last week because of me.... I had to have dengue... That made my semester... NOT!
Thankfully Miss Suja, our course lecturer decided to give us all an extra week to do.... THANK YOU!!!... But two weeks to finish our weird structure is going to be tiring and stressful... I had to think of designing a rose. *Slaps forehead*
Oh yea... My design was chosen to be used. And because I am such a poetic (pathetic) person, I decided to use the term Thorn among the roses.. Get it? Cos I am the only guy.. So I am the thorn.. Blerks... A unique and creative thorn... HAHA..... Ok... So we decided to use the rose idea so I came up with a few sketches....... Ok... Not a few... Just one.... But improvised with time....





So the building began when I got back from the hospital... So let the stress begin... We began with the building of the Arch+tunnel.... Then we started the base... The foundations that we are using to building up..

Thats our base......

The same week we started, is the same week my family coming out to KL so i decided to most of it before i spend the weekend with my parents and also to celebrate my 20th birthday.... In 2 nights, I managed to make bout 40% of the structure... I admit I am not a person who likes to leave my model hanging... I mean incomplete....

After 2 nights... it all felt like a dreammm..


Tuesday night.... The girls decided to finish off the model so maybe need to stay overnights at Ellie's.. Went to her house at 1p.m. after presenting for my Technical English 2 class in the morning... Continued with the unfinished model till 7.. However still incomplete.. HAih haihh.. No more sleep that night.. Rushed back to have dinner with Bryan and Dine.. The rest of the family are in Penang... How I wish I could go! Need a break.. After dinner, bought 2 cans of nescafe Mocha coffee... Then headed back for Ellie's to complete the model... Did it Till 4... Thats the time we finished.. We all fell asleep... Them,on the sofa... Me, On the floor.... BUT!!!! Coffee made me stay awake though I was sooooO Tired... Managed to take this though... Sorry Guysss....



However, the model collapse when I brought it to school... So while I was doing the portfolio for the project at home (due to doc orders saying I can't stress out my body), the girls finish fixing it up... Soo Pat on the shoulders for them......

Thursday=Hellish day for me.. I have Design theory's presentation on the Walt Disney concert hall, This model's presentation and also is the due date for the Design Theory's research paper. How did I survive? Tried to type as much for the research paper... Rushed to College to present the model and explain the concept to the lecturer... Typed my research paper while listening to other groups present... 2.45 p.m., wanted to leave first because have another presentation at 3.. Helped Ellie and Doreen to carry the model when Miss Suja said:"Hey, where are you going with that model? I need that later. I wanna keep yours and the other model(other group's)" Okayyyy... thats a good sign... But since Ellie wanted to show her dad,we told Miss Suja we will bring it back to her ASAP. SO proud of Our work... So happy to see one of my design+Doreen's modifications Being built up... AND ALSO SOOOO HAPPY THAT OUR LECTURER WANTS IT...... The rest of the day went well... Our presentation was awesome, though I missed something out.... And I managed to finish my 1500 words research paper.... WHewwww.... to Celebrate... I am going to sleeppp.... Cheers to the model.....


To our model : Thorn among the roses......

No comments: