Sunday, March 29, 2009

K.L. Design Week Exhibition at Pasar Seni & Cap Square K.L.

K.L. Design Week started yesterday with exhibitions scattered around K.L. City, so just to continue with the chilling out sessions from the previous futsal day, we headed for Pasar Seni or Central Market to view the Couple Artists exhibitions. And the theme was "THE LIVING ROOM Artistic designs by artistic couples." If you are interested, the works will be exibited till 12th of April 2009 from 11am-7pm daily at "The Annexe Gallery", 2nd floor, Central Market Annexe, K.L. For more info, you can log into www.annexegallery.com.

Well, on the brochure, it explains it like this "Six romantically and artistically linked couples investigate the relationship between the domestic space and artistic expression. Transforming everyday practical objects into functional art pieces, these visual artists, designers and architects prove that home is where the art is." Cool huh? Well, when we entered the gallery, we were attracted to this piece of art hanging on the wall. And when we read the brochure, we saw our former lecturer Fabian Tan's name on the list together with one of my crit for studio one which I am not going to reveal the name for the sake of his privacy. Well, we later found out from him via a phone call that the piece we were amzed by was his. Yes yes, this was once the infamous Fabian who created hell for us in studio 1. But I need to thank him really, his ways helped me hearn to push myself more into thinking when designing. So let me introduce you to his piece of art.

Its folded canvas. Nive huh? Folding architecture is not new but this really attracts people as a piece of art.


The texture and shades creates and even the colour creates the sort of harmony which is divine in its own way.


And hung on the wall, it just looks great in many different angles.

The other exhibitions were very interesting as well. Like this curtain art.

I don't mind owning one of these.


And Bean bag art...


Who doesn't love bean bags in their living rooms???

Then there was also these piece where the artists themselves were still there assembling the art work. It is supposedly a shade. And this really inspires me for my current studio work. Sometimes through art, we find our inspiration.


I love the shadows created by combining the light and the art.

Oh yea, there is also this unique table by couple Johanna Varghese & Simon Keogh. The only reason I know this is because the usher told us about it. Since its the one piece most of the people in the room knows about.


And there is also.... For those who love pink and adores dogs...

Well, for me it looks pink, but Li Qun said its maroonish red. I don't know. To me, its pink.
To read more on their desciptions, I just found this site, *click* to view the artist themselves and why they did this..


After viewing the pieces, we decided to go to KLCC for the U.K. Education fair but we were somehow pulled in by this native American musician who plays the pan flutes and all the traditional native instruments of south America. He is from Peru by the way.


And he was selling his music and also handcrafted flutes to tourists. We decided to support him and bought a CD which cost RM 40. Will upload one or two songs when I am free-er. Or you can head down to Pasar Seni and hear him play live.

Went to KLCC, walked till 5+ then went to Times Square to look for Digimon (Don't ask, its just for childhood memory sake but we couldnt find.) then headed for Gasoline at Sungai Wang to have our dinner before heading for Cap Square for the Earth hour thing and for the other art exhibition there.

Darren loves his new toy...


Li Qun emo because he doesn't have one.


And Gordon just being Gordon.

Well, headed for Cap Square after dinner and met up with Chong Wai, Sherman and his friend, Jess and her friend, Liyana, Wern Harn and Wai Sie to attend the Earth Hour event which I still feel that it is pointless but I won't be writing it here because this post is on K.L. Design week. So after 930 pm when all the lights went back on, we headed for the exhibition in the mall and saw some very interesting arts. From t-shirt designs, to graphics, to interiors and also jewelery.



Follow the RABBIT!!! WO HOO...... Yes, I am born in the year of the Rabbit...



Some interesting lights... There were many, but I personally liked this two the most. More appealing.

Then the Jewelry designs. Girls, I know your eyes must be big big big now, but since I am a guy and I know, they won't want me to show it so you won't say:"Nehh, I want the necklace I saw on Aaron's blog." So here is what I am going to do. I am going to give you their website so you can view it yourselves. Couple necklace, One of a Kind only costs around RM 230. And its really one of its kind. You can see and view their stuff at www.e-laconic.blogspot.com.


But it is intersting to see how they get their inspiration in creating their jewelry and of course, it inspires me.


"What you can do, we cannot do and what we can do, you cannot do. But together, we can do something beautiful. ~Mothere Teresa" - Agreed...

Then there were some very interesting graphics. So unique and to me, cute.

These pieces are by ROOMISM....

Take a look.....

Such adorable drawings...


I like this wall. Must have taken a long time to finish this 4 sided piece of art. Art must be appreciated because of the time and dedication artists put into their work.


And there were also selling cushions with custom animation if you are interested.

And not forgetting,


Taylor's very own booth was displayed at K.L. Design Week to showcase some of the students work.

Well, that is all for now, will try to go to the other exhibitions when time allows. Oh yea, I also bought a t-shirt which I will soon take picture of and post up to show how I feel. HAHA... Till the next post, wait, the next post is on Earth hour which is up in like in another minute. HAHA... Have fun reading. And hopefully you have been inspired by the designers as they had inspired me. Do visit these exhibitions. You won't regret it.

No comments: