Sunday, March 1, 2009

MPO, MOF AND TCPJ Orientation night, 27/2/2009

Sounds like a lot to handle right? Well, you are right... The next few posts will be long. So just enjoy the pictures.

After after 2 weeks long of work work and more work, decided just to sign up for the visit to MPO again. For those who don't know, MPO stands for Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. *Click* to see my last post on the trip to MPO. However, this time, we went for the music and not for the Architecture tour. And this time, we were not allowed to take photos inside the Hall. How sad.


After listening to the rehearsal, it was already 5 P.M. and the next plan for the day was to return to college to cover the Orientation Night Event but we somehow ended up at MOF instead. MOF, Ministry of Food, is a small Japanese Sweets cafe at Pavillion, which basically serves Japanese deserts.


And the famous desert there, as introduced by Hau Yee is the Green Tea Ice-cream.


Guess who???


Pick-a-boo... I see you...


Darren hogging the Sesame Shake..


Ermmm... I didn't really like the sesame shake.... Don't know why... Maybe its because its not sweet enough....


This was my favourite desert among the rest we ordered. This one is called, Macha Zen. Which is green tea Ice-cream with Red bean paste and 5 Japanes Glutinous Balls or better known as "Tan Yuan".
The bitterness of the Green tea somehow works very well with the overly sweet red bean paste. This is my recommendation to try out when you visit MOF at Pavillion.

Other deserts we tried.....

Macha Mixed Imo, the best cure for those who Emo-ing. HAHA....


Macha Kurian.. It looks so nice huh? Yum Yum...


And of course, the Macha Shake.....

Everything with Macha (green tea)... No wonder the Japanese are so healthy... Everything contains green tea (speculations only).


The moment we started digging into the food....


And while she takes her time setting the camera, we ate half of the deserts we ordered...


So clean....

By the way, this was my dinner. And how much did it cost? Well, 6 people, each peson about RM 11. SO add together, RM66 for desert. Might as well skip dinner. No no, I did skip dinner but not because of this. I skipped dinner because after desert, "we" went shopping. Its not like all of us have a choice. Unless we want to return to college alone. HAHA..
So shopping we went and testing on two male models the two girls did. I was not one of them by the way.

But trying on things was short lived when people in college started to call us to ask us where we were and were there anyone covering for the nights event.

So we rushed back to college and as soon as we touched college grounds, we heard cheers and shouts. People must be having fun at the Orientation Night. So took out our cameras and started snapping photos of the night's events. So, please enjoy the pictures I took.. Parents, If you do see your children in here. I would like to assure you that I am not one of the organisers. I am merely a photographer doing his job.


I was lucky that night because I had some people willing to pose for the camera.


Not to mention my friends. Li Qun is not actually there. I mean, oh nevermind...


Darren can't wait to dance.

Okay back to the event. Well, the only moments I managed to capture that night were the last 2 games, one performance and then the Clubbing scene.


I never knew musical chairs are still popular in this age and time...



Duets... Forgot what song they were singing. If I remembered correctly, one of the songs is by Jason Mraz.


Then they played Simon Says but the name was changed to "who who who says" I am not good at remebering names. HAHA. The facial expression says it all.


The host for the night.

Then, finally, the clubbing scene. One of the worse experiences in my life.

1. It was not easy getting any good photographs because everytime I see a nice shot, someone will magically raise their hands up and ruin the shots.


Party people

2. It was so crowded that it was so hot and wild. People were "grinding" here and there and all sorts of dance move.


"Whew, I can smell ur arm-pits from here. Put your arms down dude."

3. The good shots that I manage to take are either people with weird expressions or those funny moments on the dance floor.


"Look there. Look there." Or maybe he was dancing to the song "To the left, to the left."

4. The music they played was so loud, I think I turned slightly deaf after last night. How do these people stand such loudness?


5. I don't know what to say man, this picture says it all. LOL.


6. The thing about college is that no matter how the organisers plan and plan, alcohol beverages somehow can magically appear. All thanks to the 7/11 right in our college la or the pub. Thats why I avoided getting to close with these people.


But overall, it was a good experience to be there and listen to the beats and take photos of the atmosphere. Out door clubbing at TCPJ. Too bad, I still don't like the clubbing life. Does this count as my first time in a Club? Is it a club at all??? HAHA....

I love the turn tables...


Listening to the beat and people shouting and dancing.... What a way for the newbies to start college life..... Too bad, its not going to last long. Especially for those who decided to enter architecture. HAHA...

Next post will be on the SABD Orientation day for the Degree students. Fun Fun Fun too... Look out for it......

No comments: