Friday, March 13, 2009

Taylor's Art to Heart art exhibition in aid of IJN Foundation


From the Gajah-Gajah art workshop, till the art exhibition at the Gallery @ Taylor's to this event. What was suppose to be a Student's activity week project turned into a national charity event in aid of heart patients who can't afford treatment. It was one way the students actually give back to the society through their art and their talents. I somehow feel proud to be part of this because I was sort of part of it. I joined the Workshop back in last October and saw some amazing works being donated to a childrens' hospital which was chosen by Mr. Gajah, helped out with the art exhibition which sold the donated art pieces to raise funds for a hospital. And now this, helping heart patients. Well, for this event, I was invited, representing TPC to cover this event.

Their appreciation to everyone...


The event was launched with a appreciation talk by a representative of IJN (Institute Jantung Negara). Sorry, but I forgotten the name because I wasn't paying attention to the M.C..


Some of the V.I.P.s.


Then it was Mr. Tony's turn to give a speech to represent Taylor's SABD.


Some paintings donated to the Hospital.

Then we headed to the ribbon cutting ceremony.


Snip, and the event has been officially launched.


Cameras at the ready.


First purchase of the day.

And the of course, with every official event, there is food.

But the irony to me is, its an event for the National Heart Institution and they are serving fried foods... Hmmm...... Get the irony.. AHhh... Never mind....

I am just glad art can contribute to society. For more information, you can visit... http://www.ijn.com.my

To know more about the exhibition please log into,
http://www.ijnfoundation.com/content/

No comments: