Monday, September 13, 2010

The blues of hues

Life and time can just fly past in a blink of an eye and there are just days when you wish it would just end or that it will just halt for you to catch your breath for a minute or two.  Designing is fun but it can be a pain in the ass at times when you have to stop all development and go back to square one to trace your steps and make amendments.  Reading about the history of some artists, I realized most of them go through a phase called the blue series.  But this is not the case.  Nope, I am not going to talk about my bluest of days but to share the things I do when I feel blue. The last post, you saw the yellow version of my lomography.  Now, here is a blue-r side of things. 

Camberwell Sunday market
IMG_0001
Went "shopping" at Camberwell Sunday market the previous Sunday before church.  Its a good place to go to if you are looking for a place to buy other people's junk/secondhand stuff.  From old records, books to clothes to antiques and to old lego parts.  One lesson I learnt that day, being a vegetarian is not easy.  I accidentally bought a vegetarian Falafel for Breaky and halfway through I felt that I needed meat immediately. Walking around, I wish I had the space and the money to collect some of these things which I am very sure of, will become junk one day. 

IMG_0002
Cheap books for sale.


IMG_0018
Classical guitarist performing his skill. *I know its not blue*


IMG_0005
Food-stall with German sausages.. YUM... And there are some selling Jelly filled Doughnuts! YUMMY! 


In the end, when I thought I can constrain myself from spending money.  There was this store selling leather jackets and with a little push from my very good friends, I bought a black genuine leather jacket (second hand of course) for AUD25.  Though it was a lil thorn and dirty, I managed to clean and to fix it and now, it looks new.  A general advice, DIY is better than sending it out. It costs a bomb in Melbourne to get it clean and fixed. Pictures of the jacket soon.  The funny part of the sale was the Old Italian man selling me the jacket asking me where I was from. I told him I was from Malaysia and he replied:"From Malaysia? Very good people, very friendly.  And have very rich king." Right... "rich" king indeed. I realized that he was talking about the Sultan of Brunei so I smiled and told him it was Brunei and not Malaysia.  But I guess, Malaysians especially those who comes to Melbourne to study are generally very friendly despite the negative news back home.

IMG_0009
The day was great nonetheless. Spring is here.

Great thing about this semester is that we have alot of campus tours and we are brought around by our tutors to visit the other buildings on campus.  Its interesting to see what we learn is applied into what we will do inthe future or architecture of the past.  Melbourne University Parkville campus is the best to do so because of the many historic architecture you can find on campus.  Not to mention, some very interesting statues and names for the building.  For example:



IMG_0032
The biblical word, Babel.

IMG_0028
The historical carpark used for the movie "Ghost-rider" which I couldn't take picture of because it was too dark.


IMG_0030
But at the "gates", it was guarded by two statues which seems to be screaming:"STRESS!!!" or "Migraine! Knowledge is a killer of brain cells!"

IMG_0035
Forgot what building this is, but its next to the botany building.

IMG_0037
You might fun some interesting and supposedly functional designs in Melbourne University where they combine the past with the new.

IMG_0036
But at the end of the day, it is just great to get out from the boring classrooms to the outdoors.

SO, enough chit chat. BACK TO WORK! Have a great week everyone. Ciaoz!

No comments: