Saturday, January 12, 2008

The time when I was in Sibu...

Okay, the title sounds lame... Sounds like an essay question.. HAHA.. But what the hey, at least something more to write. Kinda missing Sibu now... Honestly, a lot!! It's a small town, I know but that small town is where I grew up, and where I developed to be who I am today. Living there basically for 90% of my 20 years in this world. You kinda get attached to it.. HAHA...

To make up for the lack-ness of post while I was back, I am gonna brief you on what I did for the holidays. Ok? SO if it gets kinda boring, you can just stop reading.. HAHA.. To get my holiday started off, I had a surprise party for my dear on the 28th of November ( *Click* to read about it). That going to take a while to read so come back when u finish...

Went to a wonderful camp on December in Mukah too... Saw one of the most wonderful sunrise I ever seen and taken photo of.



Isn't it nice???

Kingwood hotel in Mukah, where the camp was held...

Youth camp,"Bankrupt without Love"..






Shoes crazy...

Ewwwwww.. Man boobs...


Funny People I met at camp... But very Fun....


Some unique lizard.. Tried to be Steve Irwin.... Got a bit closer.....

Isn't this a nice picture?




Campers... wohooo... All Fun!!!


Chaos in paradise....

Overall, it was a great camp, got to meet up with some cool cool people. However joining the camp also makes me realize that I am actually aging. Okay, it is not because of looks or anything but of age. 2008 is the year I turn 21. Aiks! that is really a tough age huh? Oh well, we all need to face that anyway.
December being my busiest month (even busier than when my life is filled with assignment), I find it hard to appoint a time to update this blog. Because after the camp, I had to prepare for Christmas. Ahh... Christmas. A season of joy and fun especially being with my friends and also family. The Christmas spirit was really filling Sibu town. In front of the tallest building in Sibu, Wisma Sanyan, one can see a row of uniquely designed Christmas trees which was interesting to see.

Beautiful Christmas
trees...


Every year, usually a week or 2 before Christmas, All the churches in Sibu (Catholic, Methodist, SIB, etc) gather for the annual Christmas Procession.. Didn't manage to get any pictures because I was too busy with T.K. shouting our lungs out commanding our troop of youth on what Christmas Song we were going to sing. It was definitely a very interesting scene. Auntie Michele, Uncle Thomas and my mum (Auntie Laura) were the advisers who followed us. We gave out candies to the little children who watched the procession. It was amazing that the people were entertained by our rowdiness .. Oh well, we are youths anyway. That's how we roll. HAHA... Second day at the youth worship, all our voices were rough and our throats were sooo sore, but we had fun, we really did. I wonder when I will actually grow up.. Maybe not so soon... I still enjoy having fun with the youths...

Another annual event held in our youth is the Christmas Youth Service.. There is always food, Longer worship and lots of laughter and fun. We tried to cut down on the amount of food, but there is always leftovers. Our youth seriously are lousy eaters. They didn't eat that much. SO being me, I had to make some of them bring some back.. Come on.. Don't tell me that the food don't look good..

We had fruit tarts instead of fruit cake..


Egg tarts instead of boiled eggs (Chinese usually use eggs when celebrating a birthday, and it was Jesus' birthday anyway..)


T.K. in his usually wacky mood... Being miss Santa...

Met up with Jensen in church, since he just got back from Singapore... His violin skills are so good...



Other wacky photos..... Wohooo...

Oh yea.. December is the month for La Durian Season Ohhh... the smell of lu-lian fills the town... AHh... what a fragrant smell.. HAHA... For those who don't like Durians, WHYYYYYYYY???? It's soooooooooooo Sweet and creamy and yummy and bla and bla and bla... HAHA.. It is the king of all fruits eh.. Enjoy it... HAHA.. On Christmas day, Dad decided to bring us down to Kenowit to eat durians, together with mum's aunt and uncle from Hawaii. The 1 and a half hours drive down for durians are really worth it. Just look at it.. SO beautiful.

Good Durians. SOLD at???

Road side la... Where else... The dude with white hair is my dad... He is choosing durians.. And the bald guy is my mum's uncle from Hawaii..

Mum and grandma buying other things....

Dear eating durians..

My aunt...

And while I was busy snapping photos, Uncle was trying to force me to eat some durian..



Poor dude. He took 5 minutes just to crack open this durian...


After the eventful day eating durians and visiting Kenowit, we had a Christmas party at Auntie Michele's place, with Uncle Thomas, Auntie Grace, Auntie Charlene along with their family. We sang carols after dinner along with sharing with how we were blessed this year. Meaningful night with close friends, felt warm that night.


Well, December couldn't end without a New year party..(*click* to read about my new year). Hmmmm.. Gathering with friends was kinda cool. Had dinner at Cafe cafe (Unique name for a cafe huh?)

The organizers

Ah Jo (Joanne)

Me and AUNTIE CHLOEEEEEE!!!!!

Friends.. ermmm Old friends (They are not old). High school friends la... HAHA...


Gathering with Jasper, William, Hisham, and Sadiqin at pizza hut...

Well, I guess thats all for this post.. Sorry if it is kinda long.. Wait, who cares.. HAHA..... Well Ciaoz.... Have a great week ahead!!


No comments: